If you or a loved one have ended up in legal trouble, you may be feeling lost and helpless. Procuring bail bonds services, however, can help you regain your freedom and independence, and maintain employment throughout even the most trying of times.
There are many reasons why bail bonds services are desirable for anyone who is experiencing any amount of legal troubles. Here are just some of the ways that obtaining a bail bond in Angleton, TX can be beneficial for both the accused and their family members:
- Your money will be available: If you pay a cash bond outright, there is a significant chance that your assets will be tied up in the court system for the entire duration of your legal proceedings. Courts do this in order to ensure that you appear for every scheduled hearing date. This can be detrimental, however, as a substantial amount of your assets will be in the court’s coffers, preventing you from being able to hire qualified legal counsel. Bail bond services typically charge an outright fee that is a percentage of the total cost of your bond. By paying this fee outright, you are able to utilize your other assets toward your legal defense.
- Navigating paperwork: Bondsmen are masters of paperwork. Navigating the legal system can be confusing and scary for both the accused and their families. Hiring a qualified bail bondsman, however, ensures that you don’t have to worry about incorrectly filing something with the courts. Most bail bond services will include paperwork filing in the cost of their fees.
- Avoiding financial scrutiny: If you post your bail using outright cash, there is a significant chance that the courts will need to ensure that you obtained your cash through legal means. This can invite unwelcome attention toward your personal finances, which may include embarrassing or potentially incriminating details. You can keep the courts out of your personal life by hiring a qualified bail bonds agent.
- Maintain employment: Courts can set astronomically high bail rates that are simply unattainable for many individuals. Bail bondsmen provide necessary services to those who are hoping to maintain their employment throughout the course of their legal proceedings. In some cases, if you are consistently working with a qualified bail agent, it may be possible to avoid spending any time in jail.
- Using a court-appointed lawyer: The U.S. Constitution guarantees the right to a fair trial, which means that those who are unable to hire a lawyer on their own will have one provided for them by the court. Legal help can be exceedingly expensive, and can result in decades of unnecessary debt. If you post your own cash bail, the courts may assume that you have a large amount of cash on hand, and are capable of hiring your own legal counsel. Using bail bond services can help you access your right to a court-appointed lawyer.
Brazoria County Bail Bonds has been providing bail bond services to area residents for more than two decades. To learn about how we can help you maintain your freedom and regain your financial independence, or if you need to secure a bail bond in Angleton, TX, give us a call today!